Friday 23 March 2012

Patriotism In Malaysia Poster (Assignment 1)

Simplified Content of Patriotism:
1. Special affection for one's own country
2. A sense of personal identification with the country
3. Special concern for the well-being of the country
4. Willingness to sacrifice to promote the country's good

Source: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/patriotism/#WhaPat

   MY POSTER CONCEPT: 1 HEART 1 MALAYSIA




MY POSTER WORKFLOW A: VECTORING WITH ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS5

1. I downloaded an image from the internet as my main subject for the poster.


2. Then, I traced the main subject by using the pen tool and add some color 
to the subject to vectorized the selected image.
 
3. After that, I downloaded an image of the Malaysian flag to vectorized it to later become my
background layer of my poster.



MY POSTER WORKFLOW B: COMPOSING AND EDITING VECTORIZED IMAGE IN    ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS5
1. I opened a new A4 size layer as my poster frame. Then I opened the vectorized image
of the Malaysian flag to further modify it.

2. Then, I transformed the flag by using the ''wrap'' tool to make it
looks wavy and have more shape.


3. After that, I moved the edited flag to the blank layer and increased its size.
Then, I inserted a texture of a paper and blended it with the flag 
by changing its blending mode to ''soft light''.


4. The next step is that I opened the vectorized main subject for the poster.
After I changed the scale and placed it on the main frame, I added a ''drop shadow effect''
on the main subject to give it a little shadow on the back.


5. The last step is that I inserted some typography to show the main title
and some quote to enhanced the concept of patriotism in my poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment